Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs are gasses that have a high vapor pressure and low water solubility. VOCs are emitted from certain solids and liquids like paints, markers, cleaning products, glues, fuel, and much more. VOCs contain a variety of chemicals that, when inhaled, can cause dangerous short-term and long-term health effects. Short-term issues can range from nausea, headache, and irritation to the lungs, with long-term health effects causing damage to internal organs and the central nervous system.
It’s ten times more likely for high concentrations of VOCs to be found indoors versus outdoors, and being conscious of what products emit VOCs along with proper ventilation will help keep VOCs as low as possible.
Steps to Reduce Exposure
- Increase ventilation when using products that emit VOCs.
- Read and use products according to label precautions and directions.
- Store open containers that produce VOCs properly
- When using products, keep windows open to provide fresh air.
- Invest in a MatrixAir air purifying system.
MatrixAir systems are proven to eliminate harmful VOCs keeping any space protected. Need assistance finding the right air filtration system for your space? Call us at (603) 863-7553 or contact us now.