Do you have talent and a great work ethic? We would like to hear from you!
Post Date: October 23rd, 20199-5-2019
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks including verifying that materials received are as ordered and routing items to appropriate locations throughout the facility. The Shipping/Receiving Clerk prepares items for shipment and accurately processes all required paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates via email and telephone with outbound carrier’s daily, providing schedule for outbound shipments and equipment as needed.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ensure that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Ensures the accuracy of all shipping documents
- Receives and unloads incoming material and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damage and notifies Purchasing & Accounting.
- Maintains a clean, safe and well-organized shipping/receiving area.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Familiar with computers with basic math skills.
- Organized and able to work well under pressure.
- Adhere to oral and written instructions.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to lift packages.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office. (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent time managing skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.