Shipping & Receiving Clerk
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes items to appropriate locations throughout the facility. Prepares items for shipment accurately and processes all required paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates via email and telephone with outbound carrier’s daily, providing schedule for outbound shipments and equipment as needs.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming material and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damage and notifies Purchasing & Accounting.
- Ensure shipping area is always organized and clean
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Familiar with computers with basic math skills.
- Organized and able to work well under pressure.
- Adhere to oral and written instructions.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to lift packages.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office. (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent time managing skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Email your resume to [email protected] or call Joshua at (603) 456-2011 x6035